Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Confession

We are half way through Ryan's week in Mexico with the team from Greenwood Presbyterian. And ... you guessed it: I miss him like crazy!!!!! I wish I was there. I wish he was here. I wish I was packing boxes to meet him there in some new little Texas house. Wish, wish, wish.
I am not complaining mind you. The kids have been wonderful (although Ellie does seem to have some summer crud.) God has graciously protected me from fear. Usually when Ryan leaves town, we do too, and head for Momma's. But not this week. We are sticking it out here and I have not had a moments pause about being in the house by myself. I have not been afraid for Ryan. I know he is in God's hands. And if I were to confess yet another thing, it has been kinda nice to have total pwer over the TV remote for a while (not that anything is ever on....).
Still, I miss him. I'm ready for him to come home so I can fix him dinner and talk to him about his day and tell him about mine. I want to wash his clothes. I want to hear his guitar. I want to see the kids rush into his arms and not want to let go. I plan to hold on for quite awhile myself.

Karen

1 comment:

  1. Haha:) Funny about the remote, but I KNOW you were glad to have him back:)

    ReplyDelete